Every Item in Craft.io includes the following predefined set of fields. These properties help you categorize and prioritize your work; they can be set in the right menu of any item;
- Importance: Select how important the item is to your product. Does it have Low, Medium or High importance, or is it a Blocker?
- Effort: You can set the level (scale of 1-10) of the Effort required to deliver the item.
- Value: You can set the level (scale of 1-10) of the Value the item has to your business.
- Story Points: You can set the Story Points value required to implement the piece of work.
- Kano: Using the Kano model for customer satisfaction, you can set whether this is a Basic, Performer or Exciter solution.
- Persona: You can set a link to a defined persona.
- Labels: You can add labels to an Item so that the item can be easily found when running a search.
Creating Custom Fields
In addition to the above fields, you can set up your own set of fields. You can add new custom fields directly from the Manage Features Table View:
You can also create and manage custom fields from the Workspace Settings page, available from your user’s menu as follow;
The following data types are available.
- Text: A free text field; for example, Customer.
- Number: A numeric field; for example, Business Value. You can select whether your field will appear as a “slider” or a “+/-” control.
- Date: A Date field, for example, Due Date.
- Drop-down selection: (single-select or multi-select) from a predefined list - For example, Customer Region.
- Formula: a calculated field, show the score of selected numeric fields according to their specific weight.
Once a data type is selected, you can set up the Field name and icon. You can then choose specific story types for which this new field is relevant, default - All Types;
Tip: You can control the order of fields at the item properties panel as well as the order of items listed in your selection fields by dragging and dropping values into position.
Viewing and Using Custom Fields in Your Product
Your custom fields will appear across your product in the following places:
- Item Right Properties Panel for the selected Item types.
- Plan Table View - You can have your custom fields appear as a column by choosing them from the “Columns” drop-down.
Creating Formula Fields
The Formula fields enable you to create a calculated score field from your choice of numeric fields, with your choice of weight and set the algebraic relation between them.
The Formula field will not be displayed at the Item properties panel as it is not an editable field, instead, it will be listed with all other fields to select for Table View columns: