Teams are a cross-functional group of people that work together to produce and build a working, tested product. Craft.io offers product teams a place to collaborate with all teams in an organization, while ensuring that teams can still work in their native environment. Setting up teams will let you customize their own special workflows, assign them tasks and mention them when chatting about.
In Craft.io’s Team Manager you can:
- Create teams
- Invite team members to your product
- Manage user permissions.
- Move members to other teams.
From the navigation bar on the left select Invite Your Team;
Creating Teams in Craft.io
You can use one of the predefined teams by clicking on their symbol, or create a new team by clicking on the + sign;
Enter the new team name, select a new team symbol, and click Save.
Inviting New Users to Your Product
To invite a new user to your product select a team from the list and click +Member;
Insert the new team member email address and click '+'.
Select your new user role (this can be changed later) and click to invite;
You can apply one of the following roles to a team member:
- Account Owner - The top-level user, the owner of all products (note that this is fixed and cannot be changed).
- Admin – The top-level permission after the account owner; the product administrator.
- Team Leader - The leader of the specific team.
- Can Edit - A team member who can edit and collaborate.
- Can Contribute - A team member who can view the product, provide comments, and chat with other team members.
Note: If you are on our Pro Package, Contributors are free of charge!
To finish the invitation process, Click the Invite Member button.
An invitation is sent via Email and when the user accepts the invitation, they will automatically appear as part of the team.
The different permissions that come with each role are described in detail below.
Owner Only Permissions:
* Can only invite lower permission-level users.
- All users have Read access to everything.
- ‘Can contribute’ can only Comment, Share and Export data.
Moving Members to another Team
In certain situations, you may have members that are assigned to the wrong team, or members who have moved to different teams or roles. In these situations, you can move members to other teams.
To Move Members to Other Teams
- Select the relevant team member.
- Click the Move To icon next to the required member you want to move.
- Select the new team from the list.
To remove a user from a product, press the delete button. Note that the user is not removed from the Account.
For more information about account management look Here