Learn how the Table view can help you plan and prioritize decisions effectively.
The Table view is a view with spreadsheet capabilities, typically used for planning and prioritization decisions. This view gives you all the information you need to see in one table, so you can be confident you're choosing the right Features to develop.
You can access the Table view by navigating to Plan > Planning Views and then through the default view or any of the saved views, select 'View as: Table'.
Let's take a look at how you can make the most of the Table view:
- Add/remove table columns
- Reorder the Columns
- Resize Column Widths
- Sorting Columns
- Adding Custom Fields to Columns
- Inline Editing and Batch Actions
Add/remove table columns
You can add or remove columns using the columns selector located in the top toolbar. Scroll down the list once you click the Columns filter or save time by searching for the column you want in the search box:
Reorder the Columns
You can change the order the columns appear in your table by moving them left or right, either by:
- Clicking on the column header and select 'Move Column Right' or 'Move Column Left'; OR;
- Clicking on the column header and drag it to its new location
Resize Column Widths
You can resize your column widths by hovering over the column header to the left of the column you want to resize; then once the blue vertical line appears, dragging and dropping the blue line right or left.
With Table view, you can sort any column in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column header and selecting a sorting option from the dropdown menu.
Adding Custom Fields
You can also add your own custom fields and select them as one of your view columns. Custom fields can be added from your Workspace Settings or directly from the Table view by clicking the '+' icon sign to the very left of your columns:
Tip: Learn more about creating and managing Custom Fields.
Inline Editing and Batch Actions
The Table view allows you to set actions and edit values in two ways:
- Inline per item: All values on each line are editable on click– this includes the Feature title, different properties, and assignments.
E.g., You can update the Importance value of individual items by clicking on each one:
- Apply values to multiple items - When selecting multiple features, you’ll see Craft.io’s multi-action toolbar at the bottom of the page. The left side of the toolbar allows you to bulk allocate the items selected a Sprint, Importance, and assign them to a specific team or team member. You can also click on the three dots icon to open up the full menu of options available for selection when applying batch actions.
The right side of the bar displays icons that allow you to perform bulk actions such as View Stats, Move to Released, Duplicate and Delete, assign values, and more.
Especially useful is the Statistics icon in the bottom multi-select toolbar, which allows you to view the statistics of selected features at a glance:
Next up: The Kanban View