Learn how to use the Item Toolbars
There are several toolbars and menus alongside the main Item workspace area, allowing you to perform various actions, apply values, assign, share and more. The following article details the different toolbars and their functionalities.
Some functions are applicable in viewing mode and other in editing mode as follow:
When opening an item in viewing mode, the upper and lower bars are visible, as well as the subtasks list and the Talk section.
The upper bar displays the item location in the hierarchy of Product > Section in a breadcrumb format. Clicking on the Section will display all items assigned to that Section. While clicking on the Product will display all Sections assigned to that Product.
The Lower Toolbar, allows you to:
- Copy the item link url to clipboard
- Set item importance
- Assign the item to a Roadmap Release
- Assign the item to a backlog Sprint
- Assign the item to a team or a user
In addition, the Attachments and Related Items icons appear if were already applied, showing the following:
- Number of files attached to the item
- Number of items related to the item
- Unfold the Sub-Features list to view and add subtasks. Read more on Sub-Features here.
- Add a comment to start a discussion. Learn more about Talk and Discuss here.
Double click on the item title or description will open it for editing:
Clicking the Parent section in this mode will allow you to assign the item to a different section.
When highlighting a text in the description area, a formatting toolbar appears, allows you to:
- Change text format to Bold, Italic, Underline or Strikethrough
- Add Bullet list or Numbered list
- Insert a link URL
The Cancel, Save or Save and Create another item controls display at the lower right side, as well as the last date time the item was updated.