There are several toolbars and menus alongside the main Story workspace area, allowing you to perform various actions, apply values, assign, share and more. The following article details the different toolbars and their functionalities.
Some functions are applicable in viewing mode and other in editing mode as follow:
When opening a story in viewing mode, the upper and lower bars are visible, as well as the subtasks list and the Talk tool:
The upper bar displays the story location in the hierarchy of Feature > Epic > Story in a breadcrumbs like format. Clicking on the Epic will display all it's assigned stories:
Clicking on the Feature will Display all it's assigned Epics, allowing you to switch to another Features or Epics view.
The Lower Toolbar, allows you to:
- Copy the story link url to clipboard
- Set Story importance
- Assign the story to a Roadmap Release
- Assign the story to a backlog Sprint
- Assign the story to a team or a user
In addition, the Attachments and Related Items icons appear if were already applied, showing the following:
- Number of files attached to the story
- Number of items related to the story
- Unfold the Subtasks list to view and add subtasks. For more on Subtasks look Here
- Add a comment to start a discussion. For more on Talk and Discuss look Here
Double click on the story title or description will open it for editing:
Clicking the Parent Epic in this mode will allow you to assign the story to a different Epic.
When highlighting a text in the description area, a formatting toolbar appears, allows you to:
- Change text format to Bold, Italic, Underline or Strikethrough
- Add Bullet list or Numbered list to text
- Insert link url to text
The Cancel, Save or Save and Create another Story controls display at the lower right side, as well as the last date time the story was updated.