Strategic Inputs (found in the Strategy section of Craft.io) is your product Wiki: the place where you document all relevant information to help articulate your Product Strategy. Here you can set your personas, add your product summary so that everyone is aligned, and describe your positioning and go-to-market strategy. Choose from multiple predefined topics, or create a custom topic of your own.
The following predefined topics are built into Strategic Inputs:
- Objectives – The high-level goals your product is set to achieve (e.g., to increase your active user base). Objectives are an important part of your product roadmap and can be added directly from the roadmap view and managed here.
- Key Results – The means by which you plan to achieve your objectives (i.e., add an incentive for users to invite more team members). Key results are an important part of your product roadmap and can be added directly from the roadmap view but also managed from here.
- Personas – The characteristics used to describe the users of your product. These can be later assigned to specific stories.
- Labels – Category tags for indexing and filtering of your stories. Labels are added on the fly at the story level and managed here.
You can also add the following predefined topics:
- Summary – Describe your product and solution, what it does, and why you are creating it.
- Target Audience – The customer/company segments you are targeting your product to.
- Positioning – How your product is positioned in the market segment, including your positioning statement.
- Competitive Landscape – Your competition, including key information you can enter about their products.
- Supported Platforms – The platforms your product is supporting and will support.
- Supported Browsers – The browsers and browser versions your product will support.
- Keywords – The main keywords representing your product.
- Terminology – The common terminology used by your product.
- Notification Events – The notification events your product will send out.
- 3rd Party Services – The 3rd party services your product will use.
- Environments – The technology stacks you will use to build your product.
Within Strategic Inputs, you can create and manage product-related topics that form the strategy of a product. Some of them, Objectives, Key Results, Personas, and Labels - are useful product elements that come later in your product planning process. All other topics - Summary, Target Audience, Positioning, etc. relate only to the strategy ideation and are not part of the planning process.
Adding a new topic
To add a new topic to your Strategic Inputs, click on the + New Topic link at the bottom of the topics list in the left-hand column. Alternatively, you may click on the blue + button in the top-right navigation bar and select Topic to open up the selection menu.
Adding a Custom Topic
To add your own custom strategic topic to your Workspace, click the + New Topic button as before and scroll down to select Custom from the dropdown menu. Next, complete the Name and Description fields, and click '+ Item' to add new items to your Topic.
Editing a topic
To edit a topic’s name or description, select the topic from the Strategic Inputs panel on the left-hand side, then, beside the item's title you'd like to edit, click on the vertical three-dot icon, and click Edit.
You can also use this menu to attach relevant files to your topic, review a topic’s history, and share it with a view-only link.
Tip: Objectives and Key Results terminology can only be changed from the Workspace Settings.
Deleting a topic
To delete a topic, select the topic to delete from the Strategic Inputs panel. Click the three-dot icon to the left of the topic name in the Workspace, and click Delete.
Note: The following topics cannot be deleted: Objectives, Key Results, and Personas.