Story map is the perfect way to ideate and see your entire story in a sticky note style view. here you can easily create your user flow, drag cards around and set priorities using dividers. Story maps are shown per Theme, so Epics become your Story Map backbone (the top row) and under each Epic all of its User Stories.
Creating Story Map
1. Click on the 3 dots menu at the navigation bar and select Story Mapping
Or, click the 3 dots Theme menu at the Editor and select Open in Story Mapping
2. Your Theme will open in a Story Mapping board. Use the dropdown menu to switch between themes.
The flow of Story Mapping would be to create your Epics, which form a 'User Journey' of your Theme and add User Stories to your Epics.
To Map your Theme
1. Click the '+ Epic' button. Enter the title of the Epic and click Enter.
2. Hover to the right of your newly created Epic and click '+ Epic'.
Add the title of the next Epic and click Enter.
3. Double click on Epic will open the title for updates. A single click will open the Epic in full editable mode, where you can add a description, attach files and more.
You can create an Activity at this point.
An Activity is a header or title used to group your Epics.
4. Hover over an Epic. The '+ Activity' sign will appear above the Epic.
5. Hover to the right and click '+ Activity' to add more titles. Repeat this step until you have created all of your titles.
Create a User Story
Once you have created your Epics and grouped them with an Activity, it is time to add User Stories to your Epics. Your User Stories are the actual tasks that need to be performed in order to complete the Epic.
1. Click the Story located below the Epic.
2. Enter the text of the Story and click Enter.
3. Double click on the User Story will open the title for updates. A single click on the User story will open the item in full editable mode, where you can add a description, assign the item to containers, sprints, teams, add subtasks and also set metadata such as priority and story points
To learn more about User Story assignments, click here
4. Hover below the Story and click '+ Story' to add an additional Story to the Epic. You add as many Stories to the Epic as you need.
5. Hover to the right of the Story and click '+ Story' to add an additional Story to the next Epic.
6. Color Codes are used to highlight your Epics and Stories
7. Horizontal dividers are used to visually arrange your map and also to multi-select items for bulk actions